Please read these terms and conditions of use (“Terms and Conditions”) before using the Chalet Margaritka website (“Site”). You consent to these Terms and Conditions when you use this Site, without qualification. If you disagree with any part of the Terms and Conditions, you may not use this Site in any way. If you proceed and confirm your booking it means that you have read, understood and accepted Terms and Conditions.
1)Site User Obligations
You agree to be bound by the following obligations, including without limitation:
- a) You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account.
- b) You must be 18 years of age or over and have legal capacity.
- c) You warrant that all information you provide about yourself or anyone else for accommodation, holiday or travel arrangements shall be true and accurate.
- d) The Site must not be used for speculative, false or fraudulent bookings.
- e) The transmission of threatening, defamatory, pornographic, political, or racist material or any material that is otherwise unlawful is expressly prohibited.
- f) The Site and any content may not be modified, copied, transmitted, distributed, sold, displayed, licensed or reproduced in any way by you, except that one copy of the information contained within the Site may be made for personal, non-commercial use.
- g) Where two or more people are included on the same booking the person purchasing the booking shall be deemed to do so, on the basis that they act as an agent for all members of the party and accepts these conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
- h) If booking on-line: Payment IN FULL is required by credit card, only, at the time of booking. Payment is charged in Euros only. Chalet Margaritka will then produce written confirmation of the details regarding the booking by email/ invoice.
- i) Our booking system is a fully automated, online, real time system which means in the unlikely event someone books the full chalet or apartment for the same weekend or time period as you in real time; we will offer you an alternative period or full cash refund.
2) Deposits and changes to bookings
If you are NOT using our on-line booking system, and prefer to pay by bank transfer, Paypal* (*charge of 2.3% applies) or by credit card** over the phone (**charge of 1.5% applies), a NON-REFUNDABLE Deposit of 25% per party member is required to secure your booking. Payment in full is requested 8 weeks before start date of your holiday. Prior to the date of your final payment you will receive notification from us of the outstanding balance due to be paid. A final invoice detailing all aspects of your holiday including ski pass cost, if any, and confirming whether you require transfers or not, will then be issued to you.
All party members must be listed on the ski equipment or ski-pass information sheet (supplied with the final balance notificaton) and we must be informed of any additional guests.
Please specify any special requirements (dietary or otherwise) before or with your reply to the final invoice. We reserve the right to decline a booking should we feel unable to meet your particular needs.
We can not give any discounts to any party member who decides to reduce the number of days of their holiday. Minimum stay in Chalet Margaritka is 3 full nights half-board or 5 nights on self-catered basis.
With regret we can not accept babies under 2 years unless the family/group reserved the whole chalet (fixed price applies, please contact us for details) or you reserve the self contained apartment be it on a catered or self catered basis.
If you decide to cancel your holiday after a booking has been made, you must advise Chalet Margaritka immediately by email. The date that you effect your cancellation is the date that Chalet Margaritka receives notification of cancellation. You will then be entitled to the following refunds:
- a) Prior to 62 days before the arrival date the whole amount of the balance is refundable
- b) Between 62 days and 31 days of departure, 50% of the holiday cost balance will be refunded
- c) There will beno refund less than 31 daysbefore the booking start date.
Cancellation and amendment charges are payable if a booking or other purchase is cancelled or amended after it has been confirmed. Cancellations are only accepted by email and only apply if you receive confirmation of the cancellation from us by return email.
Cancellations by us
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel your holiday booking, we reserve the right to do so, even after a booking has been accepted and a deposit/full balance has been paid. 100% of your payment will be refunded immediately. We shall offer you an alternative holiday with us, should you wish to select another week, and in this case, a negotiated discount will apply to the party to compensate for any inconvenience caused. We would also contact other ski holiday companies in the area to check availability, should you wish us to do so.
Processing a refund can take up to twenty one working days. The credit card company may charge an administration fee. As exchange rates change daily there can be differences in the prices of refunds due to these fluctuations. Chalet Margaritka will not be responsible for any differences.
The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy. Chalet Margaritka cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal or rented equipment or personal injury for whatever cause including off piste skiing. We will not pay any expenses incurred as a result of inadequate insurance cover, medical or otherwise.
6) Client’s Conduct and Responsibility
When you book you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or your party. We expect each client to behave in a reasonable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of others on holiday. If any client fails to do so the holiday of the client may be terminated immediately and without refund. Clients are responsible for their own personal property, documents, ski equipment and vehicles.
7) Our Liability
We promise to make sure that all parts of the holiday we have agreed to arrange, perform or provide as part of our contract with you are performed or provided with reasonable care and skill.
We shall not be liable for any loss, delay or costs incurred arising from circumstances outside our control (including weather, traffic and snow conditions). In any event, our maximum liability to any client (other than in respect of death or personal injury caused by Chalet Margaritka’s negligence) shall be the amount received by us from such client for their holiday. We cannot be held liable for any personal injury caused or subsequent medical/transportation costs incurred whilst skiing (be it on or off piste) with Chalet Margaritka under any circumstances or for whatever reason.
In the unlikely event of a problem occurring during the holiday, please raise this with us directly so that it may be resolved immediately. No complaints will be considered after your departure.
All descriptions on the web site or in any written or oral communication from Chalet Margaritka are given in good faith and in the belief that they are true. Should any significant details change before your holiday we will do our best to inform you.
Please note that Chalet Margaritka does not arrange or facilitate any travel other than that promoted within the website of Chalet Margaritka. Airlines have their own rules and regulations. We cannot be held responsible for non-compliance with these regulations and we strongly recommend that you check these details with your airline in advance of travel. Chalet Margaritka is under no obligation to change a booking arrangement or refund a payment as a result of your airline or your transport operator’s failure resulting in your inability to fulfill the booking you have made.
11) Force Majeure
Chalet Margaritka cannot accept liability for any unforeseen events including (but not limited to) war, threat of war, act of terrorism, civil strikes, fire, adverse weather conditions or acts of God.
We’ll do our very best to provide our guests with a memorable personilised chalet holiday experience. In return we expect our guests to respect fellow holidaymakers and our property and possessions.We ask our guests to arrive to the chalet after 4.00pm on day of arrival and leave before 10.00am on departure day. If our guests wish to arrive earlier or leave later, baggage can be left in the ski-room. Chalet Margaritka is a NON-SMOKING chalet, ashtrays can be found outside on the main terrace. We have an underfloor heating through-out the chalet, so we ask our guests either to bring their own sleepers or use ones provided by the chalet hosts.
At the glance : what is included in the holiday
- Accommodation from 00pmon arrival date until 10.00am on departure date.
- Continental Breakfast with the choice of eggs dish if required
- Selected hot and cold drinks throughout day.
- *Unlimited wine and beer with your dinner
- Cake/biscuits for afternoon tea.
- 2 course children’s supper if applicable, to be served no later than 6.00pm**.
- 3 course evening meal to be served at 8.00pm, with selected wines or beer during the dinner**.
- One set of bed linen and towels per guest.
- Transport to pistes in the morning and collection in the afternoon at a pre-arranged time.
- Purchase and delivery of lift passes to the chalet if required and if payments are made with the balance of holiday cost. Please telephone/email to discuss your requirements.
- Transfers from and to Geneva airport if pre-booked with Chalet Margaritka.
*We offer a sufficient amount of wine and beer for your stay. Should guests request more then offered with your evening meal, we offer an ”Honesty bar” where alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage can be purchased at a very modest price.Payments to be made by the end of your stay.
** Every day if you are staying for the short break (3-4 days). 6 days a week if you are staying on a weekly basis (chalet hosts have 1 day off a week).
What is not included
- Ski rent.
- Lift passes.
- Ski lessons. Please see our website (under Extras) for suggested service providers or simply contact us.
- The booking of lessons/other services. We can advise our guests on what ski school to use, but cannot become involved in arrangements/payments. We also strongly suggest that guests book lessons well in advance, especially if their holiday is during a peak week, to avoid disappointment.
- Lunch (although can be provided on request. Small charge payable in cash applies)
- Childcare/babysitting. Please contact us for suggested service providers.
- Flights or transfers to airports/other locations.
- Accommodation/use of facilities in the chalet outside allocated times on arrival/departure day unless by prior arrangement. Please see General points section in Terms and Conditions.
- Use of the chalet kitchens to cook meals unless booked as a self-catered holiday.
- Champagne and spirits.
If you proceed and confirm your booking it means that you have read, understood and accepted Terms and Conditions.